The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. The point of this meme is to gain blog followers for book bloggers. Want to learn more? Click here!
This weeks question:
Q: What is your preferred reading format? Hardcover, eBooks, paperback etc?
I just bought a Nook and at first I absolutely hated it. Everyone is correct when they say the feel of the physical book in your hand is better than having a light shine in your face. I get it peeps, it's not the same. Once I started
1. I have 297 books on my Nook and aren't getting dusty on my shelf
2. They're way cheaper... I swear I've saved hundreds of dollars. Hardcover = $20, eBook = $5.99
3. You can read in the dark
4. I can look up a word right then and there... just two taps on the screen. I used to have a computer near me and google them.
5. You also have google translater that's easily accessible. It's needed for books like Perfect Chemistry. (I don't know any Spanish)
6. You can bookmark anything you want so tons of paper won't stick out of your book.
7. I can check my Facebook, email, twitter, blog, ANYTHING if I forget something in the middle of a book.
8. The newer Nooks can also support Kindle... so it's two formats in one.
9. I can easily find sentences through out the book so it's faster to find my favorite scene and re-read it (I do this all the time).
1. I have to charge it all the time or it will die on me.
2. If it's low battery then you can't read it and have to wait. (it's limited time reading)
3. The library doesn't have a huge library of eBooks if I want to rent it instead of buying.
That's really it. I support eBooks WAY more than paperbacks and hardcovers.